We are here for the residents of Seminole County, now and always. If you are a renter seeking legal advice on your rights in relation to storm damage, please feel free to call our office at (407) 834-1660 to get free assistance.
Additionally, we have included general resources for assistance within the community following Hurricane Ian below.
Heart of Florida United Way 2-1-1
Click the link to visit the Heart of Florida United Way website for further information on available assistance or call 2-1-1.
FEMA Individual Assistance and Household Program
FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program (IHP) provides financial and direct services to eligible individuals and households affected by a disaster, who have uninsured or under-insured necessary expenses and serious needs.
To apply for FEMA assistance:
- Take photos of your damaged home and belongings.
- Make a list of damaged/lost items.
- If you have insurance, you must file a claim with your insurance company first.
- If you do not have insurance, or insurance does not cover your claim, begin applying for FEMA assistance online, on the FEMA app, by phone, by mail, or at a Mobile Registration Intake Center.
To learn more about the program or find out if you are eligible, call (800) 621-3362 or click here.
If you wish to apply in-person, you can visit a Mobile Registration Intake Center. Below is the schedule for where and when such centers will be open in Seminole County.
- Friday, October 7, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Winter Springs Civic Center, 400 N Edgemon Ave, Winter Springs
- Saturday, October 8, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Westmonte Park, 624 Bills Ln, Altamonte Springs
- Sunday, October 9, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Midway Safe Harbor Center, 2405 Rightway, Sanford
- Monday, October 10, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Harvest Time International, 225 Harvest Time Dr, Sanford
- Tuesday, October 11, 10:00a.m. – 6:00p.m.: Westside Community Center, 919 S. Persimmon Avenue, Sanford
- Wednesday, October 12, 10:00a.m. – 6:00p.m.: St. John Missionary Baptist Church, 2401 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Altamonte Springs
Small Business Administration Assistance
Small businesses and most private nonprofit organizations may be eligible to apply for SBA’s low-interest disaster loan program to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory, and other business assets.
To learn more about the program or find out if you are eligible, call (800) 659-2955 or click here.
If you wish to apply in-person, you can visit a SBA Business Recovery Center for in-person assistance.
Located at: Historic Sanford Welcome Center, 230 E First St, Sanford
- Opening Friday, October 7, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- After October 7, open 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
Short-term, zero-interest loans are available from the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity to small businesses that experienced economic injury or physical damage due to Hurricane Ian.
Interested applicants can apply now through December 2, 2022, or until all available funds are expended. Eligible small businesses may apply for loans of up to $50,000 through the program. They are not grants and loans must be repaid by the approved applicant.
To learn more about the program or find out if you are eligible, call (800) 204-2418 or click here.