WE WELCOME AND APPRECIATE VOLUNTEERS
We have internship opportunities for college students and law students. As a legal intern, you will be able to enhance your legal education with gaining experience in the legal field. You will be supervised by a staff attorney. Your duties can include:
- Meeting with and interviewing applicants who are applying for any of our varied legal services
- Gathering information and conducting legal research
- Drafting briefs, motions, petitions, contracts and other legal documents
- Preparing and assisting in discovery matters and communication with clients
- Assisting our staff attorneys for hearings and trials including preparation of exhibits, subpoenas, trial briefs, and any other related tasks
Social Media and Event Internship
We have opportunities for interns who possess excellent writing skills, who understand and can use social media, and other marketing techniques to promote our programs and services.
Your assigned tasks can include:
- Planning and coordinating existing events and creating new ones
- Writing content for blogs, our website and for print materials regarding our clinics, presentations and services.
- Research trends, top stories and any legal issues reported in the media that potentially affect our clientele.
- Create social media content and videos
- Drafting press releases and other marketing material
- Assist with our monthly electronic newsletter
Our internship opportunities require a minimum of 8 hours per week for a four month minimum commitment. Our internship opportunities are very popular with college and law students. Please contact us in advance of your desired commencement date of your internship to determine availability of the volunteer position.